If you have a toothache, the cause may be an infected tooth. While the pain is bad enough, left untreated, your tooth could be lost to infection. It’s even possible for infection to spread to other areas of your head and neck, causing a fever and other unpleasant symptoms. Fortunately, our dentists can restore your tooth to health with root canals in Wayne.
A root canal procedure will:
- End pain caused by infection inside your tooth
- Save your tooth structure, which prevents nearby teeth from shifting out of place, bone loss, and other issues
- Help you avoid the hassle and expense of replacing a missing tooth
- Prevent the infection from spreading, which endangers your oral health and even your overall health
If you think you may need root canal therapy, call 610-227-6143. A painful tooth is an emergency. Remember, you can usually get a same-day appointment for emergencies. Like other treatments, we offer a lifetime guarantee for a root canal.
Compare a Root Canal Procedure to an Extraction
With their extensive training, our dentists can often save infected teeth. It’s often the best treatment, as preserving a tooth keeps your jaw healthy and nearby teeth in place. Sometimes, though, a tooth is so damaged that it’s necessary to extract it. Our dentists will help you determine which procedure is best for your situation.
You will consider:
- Extent of Damage – If damage affects the soft pulp inside your tooth but not its overall structure, we’ll likely suggest root canal therapy. For more widespread damage, the tooth may need to be removed.
- Cost – While a root canal procedure costs more than a simple extraction, adding the cost of replacing a tooth after an extraction will make the costs similar.
- Recovery – A root canal offers a far easier and quicker recovery than an extraction. You won’t have bleeding or stitches, and discomfort should be minimal.
Stay Relaxed During Root Canal Therapy With Sedation
You’ll receive local anesthesia prior to your root canal, which will thoroughly numb your mouth. We’ll also typically complete your root canal treatment in one appointment, so a second visit to our office isn’t required. If you’re still worried about the procedure, you can also receive dental sedation. We offer a choice of two types of sedation to ensure you’ll be able to get the level of relaxation you need.
For root canals in Wayne, call 610-227-6143.