A periodontist is a dentist who has received at least three years of education beyond dental school, much of it devoted to repairing damaged gums and placing dental implants. At Wayne Dental Care, periodontist Dr. Scott Smith uses his training and skills to perform other kinds of oral surgery in Wayne too.Doctor Brian Handel on Oral Surgery Read Transcript
Oral surgery's a dental procedure that we do in our office to help relieve pain when a tooth is broken in a certain way, or there's an issue that might cause an infection. And we do it in a way that is very comfortable, because we make sure our patients are numb and they do not feel anything that we're doing. We don't start with a patient until they tell us that is the case.
In addition to Dr. Smith’s expertise, you will benefit from:
- A caring team who knows how to soothe your nerves
- Advanced technology for planning and performing oral surgery procedures, like our cone beam 3D imaging
- Local anesthesia to numb your mouth
- Two kinds of sedation, one of which will offer you the right level of relaxation
- Private operatories for a calm environment
- Pillows and lavender-scented towels, both of which can help you relax
If you think you may need an oral surgery procedure, call us ASAP at 610-227-6143.
We Offer Comfortable Tooth Extractions
There are many reasons you may need a tooth extraction, ranging from a tooth that is too damaged to be saved to the need to make room for dentures. Whatever the reason, Dr. Smith will remove teeth as comfortably as possible. Our 3D imaging allows him to identify possible complications before he begins your extraction. While he can remove wisdom teeth, he’ll refer you to an outside oral surgeon if your wisdom teeth are impacted.
Prepare for Implant Placement With Oral Surgery Procedures
Since Dr. Smith has extensive training in dental implants and places them, it’s no wonder he also performs several oral surgery procedures that will help ensure successful placement. He can advise you on whether you need any of these procedures:
- Bone Graft – In this procedure, Dr. Smith will apply material designed to spur bone growth. The result is a stronger jaw that can better support implants.
- Sinus Lift – This procedure involves adding bone to the area between your jaw and your sinuses. Like a bone graft, it creates an environment hospitable to implants.
Since his specialty is repairing damaged gums, Dr. Smith can also perform a gum graft if needed.
For oral surgery in Wayne, call 610-227-6143. Remember, we offer a lifetime guarantee on treatment!