- Dental exams are covered by our membership plan
- Keep teeth free of cavities and other problems
- Pay in full to receive a discount on your service
You can’t build a home without a strong foundation, and you can’t have a healthy smile without general dentistry in Wayne. Just as a flawed foundation will lead to expensive home repair, a lack of general dental care often results in cavities, gum disease, and other costly problems.Doctor Brian Handel on General Dentistry Read Transcript
Doctor Brian Handel on General Dentistry
General dentistry isn't just a cleaning anymore. It is involves a lot of early detection, which allows us to be very conservative in all the treatments we do. It ranges from oral cancer screening to cavity detection with a laser, which finds decay that may not have been found until it starts to hurt. Involves digital X-rays, which are very low-radiation X-rays and very noninvasive. We do a lot of photography at our initial visits that helps us magnify any area of the mouth that we need to see in order to catch things much earlier.
So the general dental part of our practice is geared towards being very preventive and very conservative in nature in any way we can.
Our general dental services will:
- Prevent small problems from becoming larger and more expensive ones
- Keep your teeth looking great so you can smile confidently
- Improve the health of your mouth and the rest of your body too
- Protect your smile from injuries and other kinds of damage
- Relieve unpleasant conditions like dry mouth and halitosis (bad breath)
Keep Teeth Healthy With General Dental Services
There’s a lot of truth to the old saying about an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure, especially when it comes to dentistry. If your teeth are cavity-free, you won’t need a filling or dental crown to fix the damage. To keep your teeth in top shape, we offer:
- Dental Exams – Our dentists look for evidence of cavities, gum disease, and other problems so we can treat them in their earliest stages.
- Dental Cleanings – We remove plaque from all of your teeth surfaces, including areas like your back teeth that are hard to reach with a brush and floss at home.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If our dentists find evidence of gum disease, we’ll treat it with a deep cleaning procedure and/or Perio Protect, an antibiotic treatment you use at home.
- Mouthguards – If you play sports, we can fit you for a custom mouthguard to protect your smile from athletic injuries.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – In addition to causing discomfort, dry mouth makes you more susceptible to decay. Our dentists can suggest products to help you overcome dry mouth and related conditions like chronic bad breath.
- Preventive Treatments – We can apply fluoride and/or dental sealants to help keep teeth free of decay.
- Nutritional Counseling – We can recommend dietary changes that will help keep your teeth in great condition.