Dental emergencies in Wayne can be truly distressing – but they don’t have to be. If you call us with an emergency during our regular business hours, we’ll ask how soon you can get to our office. When you arrive, you’ll receive same-day care to relieve your pain and repair your damaged smile.Doctor Brian Handel on Dental Emergencies Read Transcript
Our office is set up in a way for our patients when the unexpected happens so that they will always get a live person on the phone. And that live person has access to me or any of the other doctors in our practice, on call, by text, voicemail, or email. Typically all three will be sent out when a patient calls in, and that patient will be called back within half an hour.
So any emergency that calls in, the first question we will ask them is, ”How soon can you get here?” If it's on a weekend, we give them a number of different options as to how they'd like to be treated. But it is our priority that they are taken care of as soon as possible.
In addition to speedy relief, we’ll treat your emergency with:
- Skilled dentists who have handled many emergencies, including a periodontist, a specialist in repairing damaged gums
- Restorative dentistry to solve your smile problems
- An on-call dentist who will hear messages left after hours and advise you on next steps
- Dental sedation to help you stay relaxed
- Comforts like pillows and blankets to keep you cozy throughout your treatment
If you need urgent dental care, call us right away at 610-227-6143.
Address Your Dental Emergency With Restorative Care
Our dentists use restorative dental treatments to address many kinds of emergencies, including broken teeth and infected teeth. We may treat your emergency with:
- Tooth Fillings – Our dentists can repair many cavities with a filling. We use composite fillings that blend in easily with your smile and are safe even if you have a metal allergy.
- Dental Crowns – We can fix many kinds of damage with this durable restoration, including breaks, cracks, and large cavities.
- Root Canals – If you’re suffering from infection, a root canal procedure will relieve your pain and keep your tooth intact.
- Tooth Removal – We’ll comfortably extract any teeth that are too damaged for repair.
Whether or not your treatment occurs due to an emergency, we’ll back it with a lifetime guarantee as long as you follow our aftercare recommendations.
Soothe Your Nerves With Dental Sedation
A dental emergency can be a stressful situation even for patients who don’t typically experience anxiety at the dentist. If that’s true for you, you can choose one of our two forms of safe dental sedation:
- Laughing Gas – When inhaled through a small mask worn over your nose, you’ll almost immediately feel relaxed. It wears off quickly too. With no lingering effects, you can even drive yourself home.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – You can also soothe your nerves with a safe prescription medication.
For fast assistance in dental emergencies in Wayne, call Wayne Dental Care at 610-227-6143.